Azerbaijan blogger Alexander Lapshin, who’s underneath arrest in Baku is provided with a possibility to communicate with his circle of relatives by way of the smartphone, Lapshin’s attorney Eduard Chernin stated on Monday, March 6.
There’s no alternate in Lapshin’s case, he stated, including that it’s far nonetheless unknown when the trial will start.
“I’ve nothing to say on the issue,” Chernin stated.
Lapshin divides his time among Israel and a few other places. He became arrested on December 15 in Minsk, the capital of Belarus, on the request of Azeri authorities who demanded his extradition.
Lapshin turned into arrested following his visits to Karabakh in addition to due to essential posts in his Russian-language create your own blog in opposition to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.osts in his Russian-language blog in opposition to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
As soon as extradited traveling to Azerbaijan, Lapshin changed into without delay taken into custody.
Azerbaijan Component In Strength Coverage Of European Union
Quickly after Belarus demonstrated a hobby in the Strength area of Azerbaijan, the EU Union (European) and Azerbaijan signed a Motion Plan inside the Community Policy and a Memorandum directed closer to similarly deepening the Electricity partnership. The Memorandum of Knowledge on the Electricity Co-operation signed among Azerbaijan and Eu defines 4 priority guidelines:
1. To steadily harmonize the map of azerbaijan Power legislation with the EU legislation to comply the electric and gas markets;
2. To growth the safety of Electricity supply and transit systems directed from Azerbaijan and Caspian basin to the EU.
3. To increase the Coverage of managing complex Electricity needs;
4. Technical co-operation and trade of experts.
The increasing Ecu interest closer to Azerbaijan is supported by using both the importance of the oil and gasoline reserves and the geo-strategic position of Azerbaijan.
The developing Strength dependence of the ECU on various external resources imposes unique risks. In 2005, fifty-six,2% of the internal Energy consumption over the Au, which has exceeded 1,6 mln tons of the oil equivalent, turned into protected on the rate of the outside assets, and this fact suggests the Electricity dependence coefficient. This discern had equaled fifty-four% in 2004. Except for Denmark, the Electricity import excels the Energy export in all European international locations and there are not any changes in the gross Energy consumption as comprised of the preceding 12 months. Similarly, a lower of four,2% has been observed over all sorts of the Power production. Usually, if fundamental adjustments do now not take location, the EU Power dependence is planned to attain 70% by means of 2030.
Almost about the sources on which the ECU relies upon, they’re as following:
Approximately forty-five% of the European oil import is done at the cost of OPEC. The issue that OPEC offers a response to any fall tendency inside the oil costs in the international marketplace by means of right away reducing the manufacturing by proceeding from its own pastimes and out of doors pressures is not a nice technique for the European. Therefore, Similarly to the problems of reserves and supply, the oil prices are also one of the key subjects of the discussions within the negotiations that Eu has intensified with OPEC in view that nine June 2005. Even right now, an agreement had been reached on promoting the oil to the ECU inside the c language of $35-55. The life of the stability and safety issues in some of the Near Japanese OPEC member-nations which might be rich within the hydrocarbon resources is considered in Eu as excessive risk Thing.
Therefore, Similarly to the problems of reserves and supply, the oil prices are also one of the key subjects of the discussions within the negotiations that Eu has intensified with OPEC in view that nine June 2005. Even right now, an agreement had been reached on promoting the oil to the ECU inside the c language of $35-55. The life of the stability and safety issues in some of the Near Japanese OPEC member-nations which might be rich within the hydrocarbon resources is considered in Eu as excessive risk Thing.
Russia tries to take underneath the control particularly the fuel market of the European. 40% of the European gasoline import is pronounced at the rate of Russia. The primary truth causing anxiety inside the Eu with reference to Russia is that the not pricey growth of this u. S . is constantly guided by means of the geopolitical ideas and political pastimes. at the same time, the monopolist role of Gazprom controlling nearly 70% of the Russian gasoline production testifies the continuation of the manipulation with the expenses. In its turn, the EU calls on Russia to accelerate the internal reforms and supports it with diverse exclusions within the negotiations with the world Exchange Employer.
Norway covers 25% of the European fuel import and presently is the third largest gasoline exporter of the sector. The priorities in the European Power negotiations with Norway are the use of the reserves in Arctic area and transition to renewing Electricity resources. The primary chance concerning Norway is that the oil and gasoline on this u. S . are produced with very excessive charges and on this way, the resources can also end sooner.
As visible, the European’s dependence on numerous Electricity facilities and their owning the volatile factors compel the European to strengthen the relations with the alternatives. In this example, the eyes are directed in the direction of Caspian basin, mainly Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. Usually the importance of Azerbaijan inside the European Energy Policy is connected very a whole lot with Kazakhstan (Center Asia) Element. Due to the fact from the first view, the oil and gasoline reserves of Azerbaijan are not seen very an awful lot earlier than the annual call for of the European.
The proved oil reserves of Azerbaijan have been described at 1 bln tons and gas reserves at 1.37 then cu.M within the BP’s statistical precis over the sector Strength “Energy in Figures” published in June 2006. And the annual oil production of Azerbaijan (22,4 mln heaps in 2005) equals 1,four% of the EU gross domestic oil intake. But, if we take into consideration the following motives, above-noted factors do no longer lower the significance of Azerbaijan inside the Ecu Power sphere:
1. The actual resource reserves of each country are typically extra than disclosed or calculated figures. Because the expert forecasts for such issues take a minimized route. With other phrases, irrespective of the worldwide reliability of the above-mentioned supply, the chance is very high that the oil and fuel reserves of Azerbaijan are a good deal more than the disclosed figures.
2. “Coefficient of supplying reserves (R/P)” of Azerbaijan is high (forty-two.four for oil reserves; higher than a hundred for gas reserves).
3. the European assesses the alternative role of Azerbaijan in exporting the hydrocarbon assets of Kazakhstan, a rustic owning 5% of the oil and fuel reserves of the world.
4. in the case that the EU considers the diversification of the assets as one of the key standards in its Strength Coverage and attempts to lower the dependence on numerous massive assets, the diversification could be ensured at the cost of exactly Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and smaller international locations consisting of New Guinean Gulf countries. Although, it’s far not possible to assess it as Ecu’s refusing the great hydrocarbon reserves of Russia. Absolutely these steps were directed closer to making sure the permanency of the supply and not unusual performance.
The European Power import from Azerbaijan in 2005 has made up $2,86 bln, against smartphones for seniors eight bln in 2003. the European is the biggest Exchange accomplice of Azerbaijan and ninety three% of Azerbaijan’s Electricity export is directed to the European. presently the Strength members of the family between the EU and Azerbaijan are at excessive level. However, the European turned into pressured to sign the above-mentioned Memorandum because of The issue that Azerbaijan has entered into the growth phase inside the oil and fuel manufacturing, is away from the risks of the long-term members of the family and its transit significance has elevated. it’s miles enough to all over again see the first precedence of the Memorandum. It needs to add the followings right here:
– The problem that manat (countrywide foreign money unit) has raised in parallel with the increase of the oil sales, the inflation fee isn’t always stable and the artificial monopolization imposes threats for macro-economical equilibrium;
– The difficulty that the u . S . A . faces critical accusations due to the violation of the human rights and liberties and existence of the corruption;
– The problem that 20% of the country territory is outdoor the legal control and the conflict may additionally become energetic at any times;
From the factor of view of its geo-strategic significance, The issue that Azerbaijan transforms from oil and fuel producer right into a transit us of a can keep Azerbaijan’s actuality for the EU (now not handiest European) within the subsequent decade while the production will steadily decrease and the sources will start to exhaust in u . S . A ., and at that time, Azerbaijan can get into the prevailing situation of Georgia. However within the present level, the EU intends to normalize the conceptual bases of the long-term complex co-operation with Azerbaijan, which includes the Electricity co-operation, and maximally use the country to increase the performance of its Strength Coverage.